Stairlift Installed in a Listed Building
- Names: Mrs Jones
- Staircase: 29 Step Curved Staircase
- Stairlift Model: Otolift Two Heavy Duty Curved Stairlift
Norfolk Stairlifts have recently installed an Otolift Two Heavy Duty Curved Stairlift in Soham on this enormous 29 step staircase. The gentleman had recently had a knee replacement and was now finding the 29 step climb to his upstairs apartment too much to do comfortably. Safety was also a factor as it is a long way to come down.
The Otolift Two Curve Stairlift supplied by Norfolk Stairlifts is a low cost twin rail stairlift that is suitable for most curved staircases. It is available in either 130 kg or 150kg load capacity. This gentleman was near to the limit of the standard model, so for long term reliability and to have the extra reassurance that the HD model brings he chose that.
The period staircase is within a listed building. The design of the stairlift was discussed at length as the installation would be visible to the occupants of the lower apartment who would walk past the staircase to access their property.
29 Step Heavy Duty Curved Stairlift
An installation on the right hand side of the staircase as viewed from the bottom was decided upon as it meant that the rail would blend into the wall and that the rack that the stairlift drives up would be hidden.
The staircase is very wide and there is an area of landing at the top that allows for the stairlift to park on the main landing for a safe place to get on or off.
Norfolk Stairlifts considered the usage the lift would get and also the absolute reliance the gentleman would have on it performing correctly. This stairlift has to travel about twice the length of a normal staircase and is the sole means of the gentleman getting up and down the stairs. Norfolk Stairlift decided that the battery capacity should be increased well above standard to ensure that multiple journeys can be made without issue. With this reassurance the lift is now providing reliable and safe transport.
This OtoliftTwo Stairlift, from Norfolk Stairlifts is available in fabric, synthetic leather or real leather seat coverings. Any of the coverings are suitable for domestic use, with the synthetic leather being best for multiple users. There are 10 colour choices in the range.
This Otolift Two Stairlift installation in Soham, Cambridgeshire has ensured this gentleman can continue living in his apartment.
Two Year Guarantee On All New Stairlifts
- Norfolk Stairlifts give a two year guarantee on new stairlifts.
- This guarantee offers great peace of mind to the owner as it covers callouts, parts and labour everyday of the year up till 10pm.
- The Stairlift is also serviced after the first year at no extra expense to the purchaser.
Visit Our Showroom
- Norfolk Stairlifts have installed many stairlifts in and around the Soham area. As the leading stairlift company in East Anglia, we’re confident we’ll be able to help.
- Norfolk Stairlifts is an independent company that installs stairlifts throughout Norfolk and Suffolk (and overlapping into Cambridgeshire).
- We offer new and reconditioned stairlifts and install stairlifts for both private customers and for 7 District Councils including Breckland, Waveney, South Norfolk and West Norfolk & Kings Lynn.
At Norfolk Stairlifts, we understand how a stairlift can literally change people’s lives. We know this because we have installed over 3,000 stairlifts throughout Norfolk and Suffolk and have seen the difference a stairlift can make.
For advice and assistance on choosing the right stairlift for you or your loved one, please call 01953 850 004 or visit; norfolkstairlifts.co.uk